Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday . . .

So, -here it is the much anticipated Black Friday. Do you head out and hit the stores early? Stand in line for hours to get the must have (extremely limited supply) gift of the year? There is the thrill of the hunt with Black Friday - scouring the ads and making a plan. Where to go first? Do I hit Walmart for the $2 DVD's or do I go to Smith's Marketplace and get in on the incredible sock sale? And of course the elation in getting exactly what you started out for is great. Yes, this day has a mood of it's own. You are either floating on cloud 9 because you got exactly what you were looking for - or you are mad at yourself for not going to a certain store first before what you wanted was gone.

I was going through the ads last night, and I was amazed at how many 'doorbusters' had written in small print - 'while 5 per store' last or 'extremely limited quantities'. So - I got online and did some checking. It seems that a big doorbuster this year is a Nintendo DS that is packaged with a game like this limited edition red one with Super Mario Brothers:
This is one item that I saw with - 'while 5 per store last'. Every store that had it in the ad also listed how few they would have on hand. Well -I visited Amazon.com, not only do they have it - but it is $15 less than all the ads! It also qualifies for free shipping. One of the items I wanted to go out and get are the Bath & Body Works Wall Flowers & refills. These are great, and they make your house smell so good! They are regularly $12.50 for the starter kit or 2 refills. Today they are only $5! But guess what, they are $5 online too and for me the $5.95 shipping is less than I would spend on gas to get to a store.

I guess my point is - this year I will stay home, in my jammies and shop. No fighting the crowds, no one will take something from my hands, and I will not have to fight for a parking spot!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday. Of course I have some Black Friday deals as well. All of my products are 50% off at DSO. Great savings there! And the Potato Bar is still going on at Polka Dot Potato, you will find some great .99 deals there. I also have just released a new kit called Grant - it is named after one of my cute grandbabies :)


Today I am giving 2 freebies. Yes - I am still on the quick page kick, I just love them! The first is from my Big Boy kit and the second is another from my A Fresh Start kit.
I hope you enjoy these. Have a happy and safe holiday!